Its been hard to blog without a computer, folks! But while I feed a tiny baby on my lap this morning, I came across a Facebook post from one year ago today that I’d like to copy and paste to share…oh, my train of thought I have while exercising! Enjoy!
My thoughts, in order, while running my C25K workout for tonight:
1. Determination, yes! Today was a good day all around, going to finish strong! 💪
2. Whoa, I need to plan accordingly so my running portions of the workout don’t end up going uphill.
3. Holy crap, do I really *double* my running time on this round, what happened to slowly stepping this up each week?
4. #%*&$!!!!!! SNAKE!!!!!! *jumps off the sidewalk and into the bike lane in the road — but I don’t stop running* 🐍
5. I think I’m dying…oh good, there’s people up ahead, they can call 911 from the USDA building on our right.
6. Oh god, there’s people up ahead…do I go around them? Do they step aside for me? I CAN’T STOP RUNNING, I AM NOT A QUITTER!
7. Oh hey, I’m in the grass now, looks like I go around them.
9. What?! It can’t be time to run again, my heart rate just slowed down! At least it’s the short run time.
10. How did I ever used to run so easily in PE and soccer?
11. Am I having fun? No, no I don’t think I am.
12. My legs are lead weights.
13. Oh god, this is where I saw the snake…thankfully I’m on the other side of the street now.
14. I can’t do it, I cannot run another solid 3 minutes before I get to walk it home, I can’t…well, there was the bell, start running legs…
15. What was it John Donne wrote about bells? “For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.” I think that’s what the bell sounds are in the app, maybe that snake killed me and – not realizing I’m dead – I hear the death bells tolling to announce my departure…
16. Well crap, I can’t do basic mental math anymore, but I just mentally recited a piece of Medieval English poetry I learned over 20 years ago? My brain is messed up!
17. How am I not done yet? This last 3 minute stretch had to have ended a looong t— oh, there’s the bell.
18. Walking time, sweet.
19. *app lady voice “You’re workout is complete”*
20. You’re darn tootin’ it’s complete! I am the champion, bow before me!!!!
21. Time to walk it home with my 90’s R&B playlist…enter Keith Sweat…